2022 Tax Information Needed to Prepare Your Tax Return
Small Business Tax Experts.
Here is the information necessary to prepare your tax return for 2022.
Those of you for whom we have previously prepared a return don’t need to provide the
personal information unless there are any changes. Here is a general list of the info we
require. If you prefer us to send you a tax organizer to help gather your documents, please
reach out to Info@HSTaxCPAs.com.
- W-2s / 1099s / 1098s /1095s and other tax documents
- If you are a new client, please provide your prior year tax return.
- U. S. state of residence; if you moved in 2022, please provide dates you were a resident of each state
- Phone number
- Email addresses for you and your spouse (if applicable)
- Date of birth (for every person on the return including dependents
- At any time during 2022, did you sell, send, exchange or otherwise acquire any financial interest in virtual currency?
- We are now required to include the taxpayer’s and spouse’s (if applicable) driver’s license information in the return to avoid an IRS delay in processing your return. Here’s what we’ll need:
- Issuing State
- License number
- Issue date
- Expiration date
- Any other tax related info you have: marital status, dependent(s) (SS#’s, full names, dates of birth), house expenses (property taxes, interest, energy efficient home improvements, indicate if you recently purchased), interest/dividend/rental income, capital gains from investments, charitable contributions (list the amounts, the organization they were contributed to, and state whether cash or property) car registration fees, dependent care costs, etc.
- Summary of any IRA (Roth or traditional) contributions in 2022
- For anyone receiving a Form 1099-K (these can come from Venmo, PayPal, etc.) this year, please provide any costs associated with the goods or services sold that generated the income reported on the 1099-K.
For those of you overseas please also provide the following information:
- Dates overseas if you qualify for the foreign earned income exclusion
- The foreign address and city you worked in
- Indicate whether you’ve ever filed form 2555 before to take the exclusion and if so, what the last year was that you filed it
- For those of you in combat zones, please provide copies of your Letters of Authorizations (LOAs) for 2022 and as far forward as possible. If these are provided to us, we’ll provide them to the IRS to avoid interest and penalties if applicable.
Get Login by submitting info below.